>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Failed to open stream' 'Uploading to a temporary location, Permission denied in /home/portkey/public_html/
Songbird21
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Mar 12 2003, 08:29 AM
Post #1

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 46

Type: text/html
Warning: fopen(chapters/31---10.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/portkey/public_html/fanfiction/authors/chaptersend.php on line 63

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/portkey/public_html/fanfiction/authors/chaptersend.php on line 64

Warning: fopen(chapters/31---10.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/portkey/public_html/fanfiction/authors/chaptersend.php on line 66

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/portkey/public_html/fanfiction/authors/chaptersend.php on line 67

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/portkey/public_html/fanfiction/authors/chaptersend.php on line 68
Chapter 'Her Prince\'s Protector' has uploaded successfully!

Everytime I try to upload chapter 10 of Soul Crystal I get this error message. I went over the HTML and there doesn't seem to be anything out of place. Help!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Mar 12 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #2

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

This is not your Problem!
Nothing you did caused that. The server that we are on sometimes "fogets" who the files belong to. We create them on the site, and we are supposed to "own" them, but it sometimes makes it the property of someone else.

I need to contact my host, and get them to do this. I will get back soon, with good news, I promise. happy.gif;;

NAPPA king.gif
+Quote Post
Songbird21
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 17 2003, 08:57 PM
Post #3

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 46

Ack! Now it's doing it with all my chapters. *Sniffles* I wanna upload chap 14.
+Quote Post
Facade
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 3 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #4

the girl your mother warned you about
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 1,809
Hi! Call me Sandra. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

merged with related topic

I seem to be encountering some trouble replacing a chapter in one of my stories. The message I receive is as follows:
Warning: copy(/home/portkey/public_html/users/../temp/chapters/1812---1.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/portkey/public_html/sources/functions.php on line 275
Uploading to a temporary location... FAILED

Help?
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 3 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #5

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

ohh .. let me go and fix that...
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 3 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #6

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

well I fixed that - though accidentally had made the entire site unreadable.
let me know if this problem still persists.

email : [email protected]
+Quote Post
Facade
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 3 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #7

the girl your mother warned you about
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 1,809
Hi! Call me Sandra. :)

Hmm... It still is being a huge meanie to me.

Okay I tried it again, and it worked. Thanks NAPPA!

This post has been edited by Facade: Mar 3 2004, 07:26 PM
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 3 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #8

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

yes I was going to ask you to do that... since after you posted, I changed the settings again . I do believe the WordConverter is out of action - but I could be wrong.

NAPPA
+Quote Post
Levio
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 14 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #9

Delusional? Why yes, I am

Member No.: 18,272
Hi! Call me Le. :)

I don't know if this is the right place to mention this but...

I use Firefox to upload my documents but this is what I get:

Warning: copy(/home/portkey/domains/portkey.org/public_html/users/../temp/chapters/7375---8.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/portkey/domains/portkey.org/public_html/sources/functions.php on line 359

Help?
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 25 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

QUOTE(Levio @ Aug 15 2009, 03:25 AM) *

*moves question to a more appropriate thread*

Kindly post here again if you still encounter this error. I haven't been online for a couple of weeks, but other mods have reported problems connecting to PK. Based on NAPPA's old replies on this thread, the warning message you saw seems to be caused by something on PK's side -- server / settings / connectivity issues.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff