>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> 

MOD TEAM NOTE NOV 2008: Sadly, some of the stories nominated here have since been pulled out by their authors. Try looking for them in the Fic Rec-Engine then click on their record's Link to Discussion Forum. If they're not included in the Rec-Engine, then look for them in the Lost & Found - specific HP fanfics section.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And The Winners Are... (Round 2 - PK Readers' Choice), Cue drumroll
darkstar
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jan 31 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Mugwump of Publicity, SFHHS
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 263
Hi! Call me Pat or Patrick. :)

First off, I'd like to thank all of our voters for making this very successful second round of the Portkey Reader's Choice Awards. I'd also like to thank whoever the heck it was who broke the tie in the H/Hr Fluff Category.

I'd also like to congratulate all of our nominees for their excellent work. You were all quite deserving, and it's a shame to have to choose a winner from amongst such works.

Also, many many thanks to Joyce Cohen for being my partner in crime (and a few other things wink.gif ) and generally making the Awards run so smoothly. Also, thanks to Nappa for letting us do this one more time and for the banner.

And so, without further ado:

For Best Short Fic in the Fluff/Humor (H/Hr) Category:
Choosing A Portkey by Innermurk

For Best Short Fic in the Fluff/Humor (non-H/Hr) Category:
Balm by Sarea Okelani

For Best Short Fic in the Angst (H/Hr) Category:
A Minute with the Rising Sun by Jetso

For Best Short Fic in the Angst (non-H/Hr) Category:
Sunset by Jori

For Best Short Fic in the Smut (H/Hr) Category
Taste by Kate J.

For Best Short Fic in the Smut (non-H/Hr) Category
The Doppelganger Dilemma by Mynuet

For Best New Author (H/Hr):
Heather Sinclair

For Best New Author (non-H/Hr):
Amethyst

For Best Novel-Length Fic (AU):
Hidden Beneath by Ryoko Blue

And last, but not least...

For Best Novel-Length Fic (JKR Universe):
Sacrifices to be Made by Heather Sinclair

--- EDITED TO ADD list of nominees, so that people would see their names when they click on "award graphics" on their forum messages. Surely everyone would agree that getting nominated is an honor in itself.
- Pen / gal-texter, Oct 2009 ----

Best Short Fic (Fluff/Humor, H/Hr)

WINNER: Choosing A Portkey by Innermurk

RUNNERS-UP (listed in no particular order):

-- Escape, by Jori
-- To Lend a Helping Paw, by Talion
-- The Next Great Adventure, by Vicarious Leigh
-- We Fools Who Love, by The Heir of Paravel
-- The Inscription, by happy_daze
-- The Talk, Innuendo Side Style, by Anazecria
-- The Talk, by FayeValentine00

Best Short Fic (Fluff/Humor, Non-H/Hr)

WINNER: Balm, by Sarea Okelani (D/G)

-- Bat-Bogey Hexes, by steel lily (D/G)
-- Wake Up Call, by pottergranger4ever (R/LL)
-- Message in a Pumpkin, by Amethyst (R/LL)
-- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, by Molly Moon (J/L)

For Best Short Fic in the Angst (H/Hr) Category:

WINNER: A Minute with the Rising Sun by Jetso

-- Apologies, by Romulus Lupin
-- Losing Megan, by Sugarjet Erin
-- A Promise to Keep, by Kalie
-- These Thoughts of You, by T.C. Geralds
-- Madness, by GrangerPotter75
-- My Juliet, by DemonOfTheFall
-- Unravelings, by Kaze
-- Remember, by Facade

For Best Short Fic in the Angst (non-H/Hr) Category:

WINNER: Sunset by Jori

-- Delicate, by sunnycouger (D/G)
-- Initiate, by clanmalfoy (D/G)
-- Window of your Soul, by Rea Yume

For Best Short Fic in the Smut (H/Hr) Category

WINNER: Taste by Kate J.

-- Whole Again, by T.C. Geralds
-- Heat Wave, by SamanthaMarie
-- Unexpected, by simons_flower
-- Under the Table, by thephotoman
-- Nothing She Wouldn't Do, by weird4hanson
-- A Surprise and Then Some, by barb_bach
-- Revelation in an Invisibility Cloak, by Shazzman
-- Fly Away, by Jori

For Best Short Fic in the Smut (non-H/Hr) Category

WINNER: The Doppelganger Dilemma by Mynuet

-- Marriage of Thorns, by J (D/G)
-- Naughty or Nice, by Angylinni (D/G)
-- What Dreams May Come, by Angylinni (D/G)
-- Come to Me, by where_is_truth (D/G)

For Best New Author (H/Hr):

WINNER: Heather Sinclair

-- Innermurk
-- T.C. Geralds
-- Kryptonite
-- Jetso
-- Kate J.
-- Anazecria
-- Facade
-- Kaze
-- simons_flower

For Best New Author (non-H/Hr):

WINNER: Amethyst

-- Mynuet
-- Kirixchi

For Best Novel-Length Fic (AU):

WINNER: Hidden Beneath by Ryoko Blue

-- The Joining, by Stoneheart
-- It's Just Pretend, by Harrys Mistress
-- Anima Summa series, by Anima Summa
-- Beyond Boundaries, by Rachel A. Prongs
-- All Along, by Amynoelle
-- Safe in Harbor, by weird4hanson
-- Summer in Cornwall, by The Heir of Paravel
-- The Horrors of War, by FayeValentine00

For Best Novel-Length Fic (JKR Universe):

WINNER: Sacrifices to be Made by Heather Sinclair

-- Stress, by Kryptonite
-- Again, by Amynoelle
-- The Power He Knows Not, by Vicarious Leigh
-- Safety in the Lie of Merlin, by Nelli08

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nousia
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Feb 1 2004, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Resident Drama Geek
Group Icon

Member No.: 246
Hi! Call me Nitya. :)

w00t.gif Congrats to the winners! You deserved it.

*goes off to tell a certain person the news* whistling.gif

Everything Pat said, though. All fics are winners.

- Nitya
+Quote Post
harry loves hermione 2003
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 1 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #3

Real love stories never have an ending

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,895
Hi! Call me Teena. :)

user posted image Congrats to all winners.
Each story listed above was brilliant.......Although I must say that "Taste" has to be a favorite. **blushes wildly, hiding her face** blush.gif

Anyway, congrats again........user posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
WonkyKris
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 1 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Waiting for the impossible
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,749
Hi! Call me Kris. :)

CONGRATS WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!

You all deserve it!!!!
+Quote Post
vicarious leigh
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #5

Sounding my barbaric YAWP!

Member No.: 3,607

Oh! I can finally say something! I have been very quiet, not wanting to influence people one way or the other...but I want to extend a really big thanks to the support I've gotten here at PK. I only joined a few months ago and I'm consistently impressed with the response I've gotten from the readers here. To even have a nomination was a big deal to me, and to have so many votes in two different categories was even bigger. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

Congrats to the winners all! I've read through most of the nominees and am very impressed with the writing on the site! I was honored to be included in your list! It made my day (month?) smile.gif

Sincerely,
Vicarious Leigh

This post has been edited by vicarious leigh: Feb 2 2004, 10:37 AM
+Quote Post
innermurk
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #6

Harry + Hermione = eternal bliss

Member No.: 1,771

Congratulations to all the winners!

There were a lot of good fics out there, and I know that on some of them I had a hard time deciding on which to vote for, there's so much talent here on Portkey.
The tie that reigned over the end of the fluff humor H/Hr category had me biting my nails I'll tell you. I left Friday without expecting much as I was behind in votes again, and in all the excitement of my first niece, who was born this weekend, I put it in the back of my mind, and I came back to a win! wub.gif
Thank you everyone so very much!
Just having been nominated was such an honor for me.
I'm just so happy, I can't even tell you guys how much it means to me to have actually won!

What a turnaround for my view of my writing skills!
I've always believed that talent can be developed wherever there's a passion for something. I've developed a passion for writing, and I owe so much of my confidence to my fellow PKers for your encouragement and reviews.
I especially appreciate it as an early onset of arthritis has prevented me from being able to do what I used to be really good at.....art.
I still try, of course, to keep up on my illustrating skills, but I rarely am pleased with any of my work nowadays, and the pain involved really limits my time and ability.
To have something else to fall back on, that I can now be proud of....it really means more than I'll ever be able to express.
Always go for your dreams!
Thank you.
Humbly,
Innermurk
+Quote Post
Romulus Lupin
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2004, 10:33 AM
Post #7

Romulus Lupin

Member No.: 226
Hi! Call me Gil. :)

I would like to join in extending congratulations to all the winners in the different categories, but most especially to ...

jetso, whose wonderful fic, "A Minute With The Rising Sun" is a truly marvelously written story and one, I must admit, I was most tempted to vote for myself smile.gif

julie(innermurk) for that truly wonderfully wonderful story which had me rolling around laughing thumbup.gif as well as for all my wonderful "encounters" with her all over the fandom wub.gif

And also, to all the nominees in the Short Fic/Angst (H/Hr) category: my lovely erin, tim (TC Geralds), Kaze (more angst! more angst! tongue.gif ), Facade, DemonOfTheFall, GrangerPotter75, and Kalie for all the wonderful fics that have given me so much in terms of insights and emotional rollercoasters!

I must admit, there were times I was tempted to register under different names just so I could add my vote for each and everyone of you!

And also, a special mention to Vicarious Leigh for her beautiful stories!

Once again, congratulations to all the winners!

gil
+Quote Post
DemonOfTheFall
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #8

Is a friendly demon

Member No.: 568
Hi! Call me John. :)

I'd like to extend my hand in congratulations to all the winners and all the nominees as well. Being a part of this contest was an honor I could only have hoped for and now that it's over, I wouldn't have the standings any different! Special thanks to Jetso, Romulus Lupin and Vicarious Leigh for the inspiration and hours of reading enjoyment! Again, congratulations to everybody and a huge thank-you for making me a part (albeit small) of this contest!
+Quote Post
Joyce Cohen
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #9

First Lady Mugwump, SFHHS
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

I'm glad to see that this second round of Awards has ended up so well. I'd like to pitch in my thanks to all of the nominees and winners; your exceptional work is worthy of any and all honors.

Also many thanks to Nappa, whose support enabled my crazy idea of having awards to actually get off the ground.

Furthermore, my eternal gratitude to Darkstar, for inspiring this pet project of mine, helping to keep it running when schoolwork interfered, keeping me sane when sorting through piles of nominations, and just being his loving, caring and supportive self. I'd offer you my eternal love, dearie, but then again, you already have that. wink.gif

And, last but not least, a heartfelt thanks to the fans...without you, none of this could ever have been possible.

Until next time, then,

~Joyce~
+Quote Post
Heather_Sinclair
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 9 2004, 11:10 AM
Post #10

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 2,301

Um ... wow!

I'm a little slow on the uptake. Hense the slow reply. Thank you to all of the Portkey'ers that took the time to read and vote for "Sacrifices to Be Made".

As for me being the 'Best new Author(H/Hr)' ... well I'm always toughest on my own writing so I'll have to take your word on it's and my inclusion in that catagory. Be that as it may, thank you for all of your kind and thoughtful reviews of all of my stories. I hope to not let you down in the future.

Thanks as well go to those that have made this contest possible. It's little things like this that show off an author's work that might otherwise would have gone unnoticed.

Best to you all!

Heather
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff