>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PK forums & rec-engine OFFLINE temporarily, PK members may visit PK LiveJournal
HP News
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Nov 13 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #1

Avatar by Gwendy. I'm a PK robot, not a real person

Group: Resident Theorists
Member No.: 22,475

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

EDIT AS OF DEC

Apologies for my delayed replies to emails and LJ postings. Unfortunately, I expect to have limited internet access until January. But keep those messages coming and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Please do not delete stories or chapters in the meantime because that would often compound the problem.

- gal-texter aka penshoppe in livejournal
email: pen--d--fangirl@gmail--com (replace the -- with a dot)

EDIT AS OF NOV 25, 2010:

Unfortunately, the Portkey.org forum and fanfic rec-engine are still temporarily offline. I only displayed some FAQ threads because they apply to many problems being encountered on the fanfic side.

As a workaround, Portkeyers may go to our LiveJournal blog
to discuss the DH movie. Non-LJ users may post comments but would have to wait for a Portkey staff to display their messages. This is to prevent trolling and spam.

Our LiveJournal contains more info about Portkey's tech issues as well:
FAQs part 1
FAQs part 2.

I had put advisories on this forum directing visitors to our LJ page.

Guys, I'm sorry I have to disable replies. I worry that new replies would make things worse for our database problems. For questions or HP movie discussion, please post in our LJ.

-- gal-texter aka penshoppe in LiveJournal

==============

ORIG MESSAGE:

If you can see this message, then you must be a present or former PK staff member. Please be advised that this board is only a backup of PK's forum data that was made in Feb 2010. That is why this doesn't show majority of messages posted beyond Feb 2010.

PK's server crashed in mid-Oct 2010 and damaged most backups as well. The only functional forum backup is this one you're seeing. NAPPA's been trying to recover as much as he can. He and James are also trying to recover data lost in the fic section.

I'm posting this because at least one of us has logged in these past few days and wondered why this place looks dead.

- Pen / gal-texter recycling a post auto-generated by the forums' RSS importer
(I'm not sure it's safe to post new messages the normal way.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
daniela sumpter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Nov 24 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #2

princess of the nose

Group: Member
Member No.: 5,382

Is portkey up and running normally already?!?!?! I hope it is! Can't wait to find other shippers gushing about the DH movie smile.gif
+Quote Post
HarmonyForever08
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 24 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Better known as Usagi Tsukino ^_^

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,790
Hi! Call me Heather. :)

So we're allowed to post now? I wanna hear about the DH movie (I refuse to watch it- I don't think I can stomach seeing h/g or r/hr).
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 25 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

No, unfortunately, Portkey.org forum's still offline. I only displayed some FAQ threads because they apply to many problems being encountered on the fanfic side.

As a workaround, Portkeyers may go to our LiveJournal blog
to discuss the DH movie. Non-LJ users may post comments but would have to wait for a Portkey staff to display their messages. This is to prevent trolling and spam.

Our LiveJournal contains more info about Portkey's tech issues as well:
FAQs part 1
FAQs part 2

I had put a similar notice on the top of this forum. I'm working on putting more advisories on the other margins here.

EDIT LATER:

I've put up advisories on top of every post.

Guys, I'm sorry I have to disable replies. I worry that new replies would make things worse for our database problems. For questions or HP movie discussion, please post in our LJ as linked above.

-- gal-texter aka penshoppe in LiveJournal
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff