>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML codes in fanfic side - review pages, fic summary, fics, line breaks, font colors
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 23 2003, 06:48 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Hi, mods! Can the fanfic review boards be improved? Make them accept codes for (in order of priority): paragraph breaks, previews, quotes, and italics?

Just my two Knuts

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 26 2003, 07:06 AM
Post #2

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

I prodded James indo doing the line breaks . Basically, all you have to do is just press the enter as you usually do for a new paragrap.

like this.

and then this..

and they will show up with proper paragraph breaks. Hope this helps smile.gif

We'll try to add more features, but right now since James is busy with exams the only things that will get done are the stuff that are high up the list, or very simple to do --- for him smile.gif

*offers up more sacrifices to the great PHPGuru James*
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 27 2003, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

*puts more offerings on James' altar*

Thanks! I tried it (line breaks and italics) and they work now. James, it's ok if you put these at the very bottom of your to-do list cool.gif
+Quote Post
AdamantEve
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 26 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #4

Go on, then. Call me a witch. I want you to.

Group: Member
Member No.: 11,365
Hi! Call me Anna. :)

Props to my beta(s): Tome_Raider, Aurabolt!

How does one separate paragraphs in the summaries for posted stories? I tried making two separate paragraphs in the summary, and while I did simply separate the paragraphs while I wrote it in the text box, but the paragraphs wouldn't come out separated in the story-list page.

I've seen other authors do it so I'm thoroughly perplexed.

Please tell me the hows.

I shall be eternally grateful.
+Quote Post
Thieving Magpie
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 26 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Your opinion of me weighs less than sunlight.
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 49

You could always try to use a simple <br> html tag to do this.

+Quote Post
Another
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 26 2005, 09:44 PM
Post #6

As long as it's shiny
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 5,667
Hi! Call me Jonathan. :)

... which implies the necessity of tags, just in case you're not aware that stories have to be uploaded as html. Yes, the break tag would work, but a more conventional approach would be the paragraph tag.

CODE
<!-- the paragraph tag way: -->

<p>This would be one paragraph.</p>
<p>And this quite another.</p>
<p>And this one too.</p>

<!-- and the alternative break tag approach: -->

This would be one paragraph
<br />
And this quite another.
<br />
And this one too.

Both methods would show up more or less like this.

CODE
This would be one paragraph.

And this quite another.

And this one too.

Hope you get it to work. biggrin.gif Doesn't really matter, but it makes it infinitely easier for anyone who has to write CSS if you use the <p> and </p> tags.

jonathan
+Quote Post
AdamantEve
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 28 2005, 05:45 AM
Post #7

Go on, then. Call me a witch. I want you to.

Member No.: 11,365
Hi! Call me Anna. :)

Props to my beta(s): Tome_Raider, Aurabolt!

Thank you so much, you two! It never occured to me that the text box would respond to HTML code!

::hits head repeatedly::

You've been loads of help. Thank you so much!

MODLY NOTE:

Unfortunately, the paragraph summary box no longer executes html codes. We suggest authors continue using capital letters and characters like ---------- to mark paragraph breaks.

- Pen / gal-texter Jun 2008

+Quote Post
ShadowGryffindor
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 9 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #8

ickle firstie

Member No.: 15,056
Hi! Call me Nathan. :)

Using different font colors in uploaded stories

Hey, I've seen several stories around here (on the site, not talking about the forums) with different colored fonts. I was wondering how you do that. I experimented with doing code on it but it didn't seem to work: <fontcolor=blue> </fontcolor=blue> didn't work for me. Thanks in advance for helping me with it.
+Quote Post
Bexis
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 21 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #9

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 19,075
Hi! Call me James. :)

QUOTE(ShadowGryffindor @ Jan 9 2007, 08:39 AM) *

Hey, I've seen several stories around here (on the site, not talking about the forums) with different colored fonts. I was wondering how you do that. I experimented with doing code on it but it didn't seem to work: <fontcolor=blue> </fontcolor=blue> didn't work for me. Thanks in advance for helping me with it.

I post in Word format. I simply click on the color under "font" in Word when I want a color other than basic black, and it happens by itself when the content runs through Portkey's distiller.

MOD NOTE: Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this might not work now that we're having issues with uploading .DOC files instead of HTML.

Try selecting the font colors in your word processor that can save the document as an HTML file.

~gal-texter May2008
+Quote Post
gphoenix51
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jun 30 2008, 04:43 AM
Post #10

PKWizard/Witch

From: Just to the Right of Hell, Or Boring. Depends on the Day
Member No.: 18,234
Hi! Call me Joseph. :)

Has there been any more info on how to change the text color in our stories? I'm trying to show when a character is thinking to themselves by showing it in a different color. It shows up fine in Word, even after I've saved it as HTML, but when it's posted, it's in black. Any ideas?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff