Related topic: How to apply for a Portkey author license
A PK fic moderator must approve your sample stories before you can do the following procedures.
Copying this from the auto-email sent to successful applicants. Italics mine.In order to upload a fic to the site you must do the following:
1. Log into your control panel from the fanfiction page of the site.
Fanfic Control Panel = http://users.portkey.org
2. Click on Create New Story in the Author Options menu screencapped here.
3. Enter the information requested on that page.
4. Click on Story Edit/Upload chapter from the control panel
5. Enter the chapter title
6. Click browse to find the file on your computer *note: all fics must be loaded in HTML format*
EDIT Jul 24 2008: please read update in next post.
7. Then click the upload button.
8. Your chapter will appear on the site shortly.
Copying NAPPA's post from the old FAQs re Fanfic Side thread:
QUOTE(NAPPA @ Jan 3 2004)
Copying from another email I sent a few days ago to another author.
1) Login at >> http://users.portkey.org
2) On the left, you should see " Create Story" . Fill in the appropriate information and create a database entry. Then go to Story Edit / Upload. Simply choose to upload a chapter into the stroy entry you made, and then upload it. Make sure to confirm
it that the file is properly uploaded.
If you make a spelling mistake or something that needs you to *replace* a chapter -- *do not
* delete it -- you will loose all your reviews and ratings for THAT chapter. Go into upload, and above the place where your put the file, you will see that there is a drop down menu, you can choose a previous chapter, and decide to replace it
. Confirm it again, as you do for a normal chapter upload, and then see if it worked.
from that same thread:
QUOTE(Nousia @ Apr 22 2004, 05:34 AM)
Well, first of all, have you signed up to be a PK author, and submitted your author application? If you haven't, kindly follow the instructions linked in this other thread.
Then after you're done with that, you can follow the directions below.
When you sign in at the fanfiction section, and then log into your control panel, you'll see once you log in a list of options on the left side. One of them is "Create Story." Click on that, and provide the required information.
Next go to the "Story Edit/Upload" option. Beside your stories are "Upload Chapter," "Remove Chapter" and "Edit Properties" links. Go to "Upload Chapter" - this is where you upload your fic. Upload the story/chapter from your computer there.
Check to see if there are any unspotted mistakes through the confirmation screen that comes up after you upload your story, and then when you're sure, click on the "Upload the Chapter to my story!" button at the top of the page. If you're not sure, you can go ahead and click on the "Cancel this Upload and start again!" right below it. Then after it's done uploading, you'll get a confirmation screen stating that the chapter has been uploaded.
Hope that helps!