>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PK fanfics shipping rules
Skyť of Nyx
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jun 25 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #1

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,826
Hi! Call me Kelli. :)

Other ships in story?

hey i have a question about the rules of shipping. if your shipping h/hr and you mention R/L (as in that they're a couple) is that ok?
oh and is it ok to do song fics?

EDIT: thanks Nousia, yeah i was talking about ron/luna.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Jul 18 2004, 07:08 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nousia
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jun 25 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Resident Drama Geek
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 246
Hi! Call me Nitya. :)

Hi Skyť of Nyx! Welcome to Portkey!

In response to your first question, it's okay if you mention Ron/Luna (that's the R/L you're referring to, right?).

And in response to your second question, it's fine if you do songfics. They're accepted at Portkey. Just as long as you have story and not just lyrics. wink.gif

Hope that helps.

- Nitya
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jun 25 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Nousia's right. One more note though: if by "R/L" you meant "Ron/Lavender", that's allowed as a sideship. Sideships do not need to be confined to Draco/Ginny or Ron/Luna. Here's the rule about ships in Portkey's hosted stories.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Jun 25 2004, 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
quizgirl
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 18 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #4

ickle firstie

Group: Member
Member No.: 6,405
Hi! Call me Caroline. :)

My story has Harry falling for someone other than Hermione. They get get together at the end of the story. Is that okay?

(MODS' NOTE: Also applies to other characters in Portkey's ships)

The fic starts with H/Hr... but can Harry be with another girl/woman in the middle of the story, and then get back to Hermione again? Or does he have to stick with Hermione all along?
I'm just asking, because I really want my story to fit in here! innocent.gif *love H/Hr*
(link)

Sincerely,
quizgirl

This post has been edited by gal-texter: May 29 2008, 06:34 AM
+Quote Post
Joogie
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 18 2004, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Resident Hugger

Member No.: 5,548
Hi! Call me Nelli. :)

I'm pretty sure that that's absolutely fine. As long as Harry and Hermione are romantically involved by the end of story, you're not breaking any rules. smile.gif

~Nelli.
+Quote Post
Scrivenshaft
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 19 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Forum and Fanfiction Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,748
Hi! Call me Rachael. :)

It's fine, as long as the pairing ends H/H and there are no graphic [love] scenes of H/OFC.

Scrivenshaft
Portkey.org Fanfic Moderating Team

ADDING THIS:
H/OFC = the "anti-PK" ship. I guess OFC means "orig fictional character".

Plus the story should have far more H/H moments than the "anti-PK" ship. smile.gif

-gal-texter May2008

+Quote Post
Adelina
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post May 19 2005, 03:14 AM
Post #7

ickle firstie

Member No.: 1,435

NAPPA's answer applies to this question:
Can I submit a story that only has R/LL or D/G or L/J, but no H/H?
-gal-texter

I have a question about the submission criterias. I read them very carefully and understood that Harry/Hermione cannot be broken or contradicted. I have a Ron/Luna fic which I'd like to submit to the site, but the story doesn't have any other ship except R/L. Is that acceptable? While my story certainly doesn't contradict H/Hr, they are not together nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I am a H/Hr shipper, but I grew tired from people blaming us that all R/L fics have H/Hr in them, which made me write a fic in which R/L is the only ship.

To sum it up - will I be allowed to submit a fic in which R/L is the only ship? Thanks in advance!
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post May 19 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #8

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

Adelina : yes, that is allowed.
+Quote Post
PhoenixWriter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post May 22 2005, 02:45 AM
Post #9

Oracle said: You'll be blamed
Group Icon

Member No.: 926
Hi! Call me Diana. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

Hi there,
I liked to know whether this rule:

Ships contained in the Fanfiction:
The submitted Fanfiction must fall into one of four categories:
A. Harry/Hermione ( * )
B. Lily/James ( * )
C. Draco/Ginny
D. Ron/Luna
( * ) The star next to a ship indicates a ship that may not be broken in any stories. This means that this ship cannot be broken, even if the story isn't classified in that ship. So in Draco/Ginny fanfictions a romantic pairing between Ron/Hermione may not occur. Ships marked with a star will not be contradicted in any stories, and graphical scenes between characters that contradict a ship listed above are not accepted. This means that graphical scenes between Ron/Hermione may not occur as it contradicts Harry/Hermione. Graphical scenes between characters that do not contradict a ship with a star next to it are acceptable.

still counts if in a FanFic Tonks is transformed to Hermione and has sex with Ron?
How graphical can a kiss be between those two? After that rule I did expect in a Fanfic I can't write how they make out nor how passionate they kiss or even describe a French-kiss through and through. Am I wrong with this thinking? It would be nice to know.

Thank's in advance.

~PhoenixWriter
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 31 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #10

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

Geepers! I didn't notice this question before.

While on the surface it may seem alright, it's not. Not if

1) we don't know from the beginning that it's Tonks
2) It has to be a mild in nature. IE : Ron and Tonks!Hermione kiss, and the scene ends. Nothing explicit.

The NC17 rating on the site is reserved for H/Hr, R/L, L/J and D/G. Any other R or NC17 rating between other people can be hinted at, but not shown. We do make exceptions to that for characters that aren't that major. I recall a wonderful work of H/Hr, that had a few chapters dedicated to Sirius/Original Female Character. And features one such scene.

It's generally more flexible if the people involved aren't PK ship people.

NAPPA
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff