>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fic Reviews: see, reply to & get email alerts for them
mugglemike
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jul 18 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #1

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,867
Hi! Call me Mike. :)

Where can I see the reviews for my story?

Related questions: How can authors reply to reviews?
Can authors get emailed alerts for their fic's new reviews?
What can be done about flames (rude/inappropriate reviews)?
Spam - story text posted in reviews

Hey guys. I'm just really happy that I finally got accepted and was thrilled to see my story finally posted on the site. thumbup.gif

Just one question (the last one I hope whistling.gif ) when I get reviews for my story, do I read those in my control panel or where do I find those?

Thanks again,

-MuggleMike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Szaranea
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jul 18 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #2

one of the two riders of the modly apocalypse
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 2,471
Hi! Call me Ri or Anna. :)

I suggest you go to the fanfic site and hit the link that says 'reviews' next to your story smile.gif In the case of your story, this would be here

Ri
+Quote Post
mugglemike
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 18 2004, 02:32 PM
Post #3

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,867
Hi! Call me Mike. :)

QUOTE (Szaranea @ Jul 18 2004, 09:40 PM)
I suggest you go to the fanfic site and hit the link that says 'reviews' next to your story smile.gif In the case of your story, this would be here

Ri

Hey thanks alot!

- MuggleMike
+Quote Post
MisCard
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 23 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Creator of Harmony Podcast
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,261
Hi! Call me Misti. :)

Q: Not getting emailed alerts for new reviews
SHORT ANSWER: technical issues with the server ~gal-texter/Pen, May 2008

I noticed a couple of days ago that I hadn't been getting any e-mails telling me that I had new reviews for my story "The Power Within" so I went to the site and found out I had fifteen of them! I was wondering if there was a reason why it suddenly stopped working and if there is a way to fix this? Thanks! MisCard
+Quote Post
Desaix
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 23 2004, 08:29 PM
Post #5

Frequent Lurker, Infrequent Poster

Group: Member
Member No.: 608
Hi! Call me David. :)

Hmm... this is odd.

I noticed that a new chapter came out on a fic I had a new chapter alert out for, and didn't recieve any e-mails either. I thought it might have been because I'd run out of points, but I checked and that wasn't the case. I never mentioned it because I wasn't too worried -- it was just the one, and I thought perhaps I'd just somehow missed it on the way, but this makes me wonder about that.
I don't know about reviews, though, but I'm wondering if the issue is more widespread then just review alerts.
+Quote Post
Joogie
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 23 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Resident Hugger

Group: Member
Member No.: 5,548
Hi! Call me Nelli. :)

I've never get email notification! Not that I really mind - I like coming to the site and being pleasantly surprised. Still, I don't get emails whenever I have a new review.

~Nelli.
+Quote Post
WonkyKris
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 23 2004, 09:23 PM
Post #7

Waiting for the impossible
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,749
Hi! Call me Kris. :)

Yeah I've stopped recieving e-mail's for all stories, or so it seems. They were on my alert list too.
It could just be a bug...

--Kris--
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 23 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #8

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

Welll... This is reallly odd. sad.gif I'm looking into this matter. I got the email about this topic, and if that happens, the alerts should go out too.
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 23 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #9

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

Problem Fixed [we think]

Let us know if it is still happening. thanks.
NAPPA
+Quote Post
MisCard
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 24 2004, 07:14 AM
Post #10

Creator of Harmony Podcast
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,261
Hi! Call me Misti. :)

It seems to be fixed, I got a review alert in my e-mail this morning. Thanks for taking care of the problem so fast! MisCard
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff