>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fanfic Review Points & 'New Fic/Chapter' Alerts, review > earn points > get "new/updated fic" alerts
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Feb 25 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Oh okay. To remove items from your "Favorite Stories" list;

1. Go to users.portkey.org, then click "Favorites --> Stories" on the top left menu.

2. Check the "Remove" box beside the story you want taken off.

3. Hit Submit.

Can you post back here to let us know how it worked out? Thanks.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Feb 25 2005, 08:02 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Fitchburg Finch
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Apr 7 2005, 05:03 AM
Post #32

Professional Seeker

Group: Member
Member No.: 8,179
Hi! Call me Randi. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

What are portkey points? How are they applied? The other day I had 31, and now I only have 29. Why is that?
+Quote Post
lognar1525
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 7 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #33

Aahhhwooooooooooo!!!

Member No.: 6,858
Hi! Call me Nadja. :)

Portkey points are kinda credits you need to get chapter alerts.
You get 1 to 4 points per review, depending on the length of the review. For every chapter alert you get you pay two points.
So if you had 31yesterday and only have 29 today, I'd say you got a chapter alert overnight.

I hope that helps you in any way.

-Nadja
+Quote Post
The Fitchburg Finch
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 7 2005, 07:20 AM
Post #34

Professional Seeker

Member No.: 8,179
Hi! Call me Randi. :)

Oro...I see. Thanks!!
+Quote Post
MissInformation
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 14 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #35

Delusional H/Hr Fangirl!

Member No.: 12,810
Hi! Call me Jen. :)

How can authors know if they or their stories have been added to readers' Favorites lists?

I haven't been able to find anything on this subject yet, so I figured I'd post it (since I seem to find the answer shortly there after).

From an author's perspective, is there a way to see if people have added you to any lists, such as favorite author's, chapter alerts, favorite story, or any other lists that may be out there? I know that when you view a persons profile you can see their favorite authors & stories, but how does the author know if they're on such lists w/o scanning member profiles?

thanks!
+Quote Post
Another
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 15 2005, 05:39 PM
Post #36

As long as it's shiny
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 5,667
Hi! Call me Jonathan. :)

Umm . . . I don't know of any way to list all the members who've selected a certain favorite story or favorite author. I'm not definitively saying there isn't, but I don't remember anything like that. Anybody else? blush.gif

Sorry,

~Jonathan
+Quote Post
MissInformation
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 15 2005, 05:56 PM
Post #37

Delusional H/Hr Fangirl!

Member No.: 12,810
Hi! Call me Jen. :)

That's cool.

Is there a way to stop getting chapter alerts for authors you've added to your own favorites w/o removing the authors or the stories from your favorites lists?

*has found this thread in the old Administration forum*

I don't think there's a way to do that. What I can suggest is to use your email program's filter to put chapter alerts about specific stories or authors into certain folders, like Trash if you don't want to read them (the alerts, not the stories).

There's also an alternative here.

~gal-texter May/Jun 2008
+Quote Post
The Good Ship H/Hr
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 17 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #38

Anvils? What anvils?

Member No.: 14,175

I'm new around this side of Portkey, but I've been reading the fanfiction for a while. I have posted some reviews to stories, clicked on the "add chapter alert" box, typed in my email address, submitted my review...and don't get any chapter alerts. I know the stories have been updated. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help! Portkey is a safehaven for Harmonians!

MOD NOTE: Answer here.
+Quote Post
dtown_curly_q
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 26 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #39

Blissful Ignorance....

Member No.: 13,361
Hi! Call me Mandy. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

Can anyone explain Portkey Points to me?? I have a lot of them from reviews, but I have no clue what they're for. Can anyone give me an answer?
+Quote Post
annearchy
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 27 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #40

Unrepentant HUTKAFHHer

Member No.: 374

I'm not a moderator here, but as I understand the system, you earn Portkey Points by leaving reviews for fics. You get 2, 3 or 4 points depending on how long your review is; I think the minimum review has to be at least 10 words. But if you write a 300-word review, you still get only 4 points.

Now, what do you do with these Portkey Points? Say you are enjoying a particular fanfiction and want to know when it's been updated without having to look at the Portkey website. When you're signed in and reading that fic, look at the review area at the bottom of the chapter. Below the review box are a couple of drop-down menus with several choices. Click on the menus, find the appropriate choice and voila', you'll get an email alert when that fic is updated. That email notice will say that you have "used Portkey points" to get the email notice.

Does that help? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff