>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fanfic Review Points & 'New Fic/Chapter' Alerts, review > earn points > get "new/updated fic" alerts
Lajo1013
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jan 24 2005, 04:50 AM
Post #21

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,683
Hi! Call me Laura. :)

QUOTE (NAPPA @ Jan 21 2005, 03:41 AM)
Hi there. Could you verify again, if this is working properly for you now ? Me and James are looking more closely at the system this weekend. So we would love to know what problems people are having. If they are still having them.

I don't normally post in the forums, but I am still not receiving chapter alerts at all. I was getting the triple alerts for the same chapters, but that seems to have stopped, along with all chapter/author alerts. I have enough points, although I had to build them back up after getting all those triple alerts. Thanks for looking in to this

Laura

This post has been edited by Lajo1013: Jan 24 2005, 04:51 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jan 25 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #22

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

I eblieve it's a problem with AOL email addresses. Have you tried to add Portkey into your address book on AOL ?
+Quote Post
Lajo1013
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 25 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #23

ickle firstie

Member No.: 7,683
Hi! Call me Laura. :)

QUOTE (NAPPA @ Jan 25 2005, 06:40 PM)
I eblieve it's a problem with AOL email addresses. Have you tried to add Portkey into your address book on AOL ?

No I haven't but perhaps I could try a different email address. Thanks Nappa!
+Quote Post
jonquil31
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #24

ickle firstie

Member No.: 7,796

Why do we earn points for leaving signed reviews?

Hi..

Would just like to enquire about chapter alerts and the point system.... Does it mean that if I do not review stories I will not be able to receive chapter alerts? I'm not much of a reviewer and do not wanna appear false if I review just for the sake of points... Please advise.. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Szaranea
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2005, 05:45 AM
Post #25

one of the two riders of the modly apocalypse
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 2,471
Hi! Call me Ri or Anna. :)

Mod-Note: Before I reply, I'm going to merge your thread with this one, as it fits there, perfectly. Watch this post for an update smile.gif

EDIT: in answer to your question:

yes, that is quite correct. If you want to get story or author updates, then you must submit reviews first. Copying this from the user cp of the fanfic side:

The more reviews you make the more points you collect. The longer your review is, the more points you get for it. Every time a chapter alert is sent - which is sent every time one of your favourites listed on this page is updated - 2 points are taken away from your account. Below is a table illustrating the number of review points you recieve in relation to the number of words

Review Points      Words
1                        Less than 15.
2                        between 15 and 45
3                        between 45 and 70
4                        More than 70

Ri smile.gif

This post has been edited by Szaranea: Feb 2 2005, 06:07 AM
+Quote Post
jonquil31
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 2 2005, 07:21 AM
Post #26

ickle firstie

Member No.: 7,796

QUOTE(Szaranea @ Feb 2 2005, 01:45 PM)
yes, that is quite correct. If you want to get story or author updates, then you must submit reviews first.
Ri smile.gif

Thanks a million! Well, it won't kill me to review.. tongue.gif Just wanna take an easy way out.. But well, thanks for the prompt reply!
+Quote Post
J&M Ink.
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 24 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #27

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 7,966

How do I remove a story (or author) from my Favorites list?

Okay, I've figured out how to change the avatar *bows at personal achievance* but I would like to know how to get something off of the favorites list. Thank you guys soo much!

-M, of J&M Ink.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: May 31 2008, 11:47 AM
+Quote Post
WonkyKris
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 24 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #28

Waiting for the impossible
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 1,749
Hi! Call me Kris. :)

Hi.

I'm moving this to the Questions area so others will be able to help you better. smile.gif

Kris
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 24 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

QUOTE (J&M Ink. @ Feb 25 2005, 10:21 AM)
but I would like to know how to get something off of the favorites list.

Hi, not sure what you mean by "favorites list"? Can you copy and paste here the URL to that screen or field?
+Quote Post
J&M Ink.
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 25 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #30

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 7,966

http://users.portkey.org/admin.php
It's down at the bottom of the page. When you comment/respond to a story, you can select to add it to favorites. Then, Portkey sends chapter alerts every time a chapter has been uploaded, costing portkey points. (you can view your favorites by going to "fanfiction" and then "control panel") However, I have a story I no longer like to read *gasp!* and I don't want it to go on depleting my points, so I'd like to take it off. Anyone know how to do that?
Oh, thank Kris! I apreciate your help!!
-M, of J&M Ink.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff