>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HOW TO: edit stories w/o losing its reviews? + Missing chapters?, Safely edit chaps, repost missing chaps, restore stats of hits/reviews
MDiezeL
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Apr 7 2004, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Simple Minded

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,484

I've betaed for Feron.
Props to my beta(s): Michelle, SheWhoHathAPen, MushyPeas!

RELATED TOPICS:
How can authors notify readers of stories they took down from Portkey?
Would the reviews be affected when editing the story's summary or other properties?
Missing chapter + discrepancy in chapter stats for reviews and hits

Editing posted chapters or stories while keeping reviews?
Detailed instructions here - gal-texter

ORIGINAL CONTENTS OF THIS POST:

Is there a way to replace a chapter that was already uploaded without deleting it altogether in fanfiction.portkey.org?

Thanks.

MD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Facade
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Apr 7 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #2

the girl your mother warned you about
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 1,809
Hi! Call me Sandra. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

Yeah. All you have to do is select which chapter to replace, and upload the file you wish to replace the previous content. Easy as that. smile.gif
+Quote Post
MDiezeL
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 8 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #3

Simple Minded

Member No.: 3,484

I've betaed for Feron.
Props to my beta(s): Michelle, SheWhoHathAPen, MushyPeas!

Oh geez, I completely missed that mellow.gif

Thanks!
+Quote Post
Ankh
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 22 2004, 07:34 AM
Post #4

Caffienne Bitter

Member No.: 5,201

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

I've got a story I'm going through and improving and I was wondering how I should put it on Portkey. Do I need to delete or overwrite the old verion or can I make a new story for the updated version?

- Ankh
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 22 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #5

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

DO NOT DELETE CHAPTERS!!!! - This WILL delete the reviews you have for those chapters , and it is not recoverable. Basically, you do the same thing as you would do to UPLOAD the a new chapter - BUT - you choose from the drop down ( above where you specify the file location ), which chapter you want to upload the file into. This will not kill your old reviews.

NAPPA smile.gif
+Quote Post
Ankh
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 22 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #6

Caffienne Bitter

Member No.: 5,201

Okay thanks.
+Quote Post
MissInformation
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 29 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #7

Delusional H/Hr Fangirl!

Member No.: 12,810
Hi! Call me Jen. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a similar thread.

I've posted a fic, but I need to edit it (needs better spacing), but I don't want to lose my reviews. Is there any way to edit the work without removing the whole thing?

Thanks!

(ps: I wasn't sure if this is the right place for this question...if it's not, please feel free to put it where it belongs)
+Quote Post
MissInformation
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 30 2005, 06:29 AM
Post #8

Delusional H/Hr Fangirl!

Member No.: 12,810
Hi! Call me Jen. :)

Wow...I seem to be really good at answering my own questions. Maybe if I didn't try asking them in the wee hours of the morning I'd have more success with the search for answers. smile.gif

Just in case anyone needs to know the answer, it's right here.
http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=78412

updated link. ~gal-texter, May2008
+Quote Post
WhiteroseofAngelix
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 16 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #9

Harmonian by Heart

Member No.: 12,304
Hi! Call me Angeli. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a similar thread.

How do I rewrite an already posted fic?online2long.gif

I have no idea about this and I am really desperate to know if this is possible...I'm an author and have already posted a fic at portkey in the fanfic section. Is it possible to rewrite the fic or do I have to remove it entirely from my panel and upload the corrected fic again? Btw, its already a completed fic...

-Whiterose
+Quote Post
Another
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 17 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #10

As long as it's shiny
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 5,667
Hi! Call me Jonathan. :)

Don't delete the whole fic or you'll lose all the reviews associated with it! You can upload new chapters to replace the ones you want to rewrite from your control panel. Take a look at the second half of this post by NAPPA.

I hope that you've found this helpful, and that you've found it in general--I moved your question here from Polishing the Quill.

Feel free to come back here with more questions if that wasn't what you needed.
~Jonathan
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff