>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ERROR: 'You uploaded text/plain.'
Capn
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Sep 29 2004, 07:19 AM
Post #1

Can't really read, Just good at faking it.

Group: Member
Member No.: 6,628

MOD NOTE:

ERROR: We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded text/plain.

SHORT ANSWER: Something in Windows or Internet Explorer is causing this issue. We recommend you use alternate browsers like Firefox or Opera.

I want to start a new story and I keep getting this message after I try to upload the first chapter:

We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded text/plain.

I saved it in html format and I closed all the windows with my chapter in it. What do I do?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: May 29 2008, 06:31 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Oct 1 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

I've relayed your question to our Admin NAPPA. He must've have contacted you by now. Just in case he hasn't yet, you can email him (at [email protected]) your HTML document along with your password. Don't reveal your password here in the public forums.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Oct 1 2004, 05:34 PM
+Quote Post
Capn
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 1 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Can't really read, Just good at faking it.

Group: Member
Member No.: 6,628

QUOTE(gal-texter @ Oct 2 2004, 01:03 AM)
I've relayed your question to our Admin NAPPA. He must've have contacted you by now. Just in case he hasn't yet, you can email him (at [email protected]) your HTML document along with your password. Don't reveal your password here in the public forums.

I havent been emailed yet. But thank you so much! I'll do that!
+Quote Post
Anazecria
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 8 2004, 02:12 PM
Post #4

Official HMS Pumpkin Pie Librarian (Keeper of Quotes)
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
From: Gutter City Town Mayor's Office aka Sydney, Australia
Member No.: 1,445
Hi! Call me Nielle. :)

more about
ERROR: We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded text/plain.

QUOTE (Capn on previous page)
I want to start a new story and I keep getting this message after I try to upload the first chapter:

[b]We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded text/plain.

I saved it in html format and I closed all the windows with my chapter in it. What do I do?

All right, have been talking to Capn via email to try to upload the chapter.

Looked at the html file which was saved in Word 2003, couldn't see anything wrong with it but made a second html file in notepad anyway. Uploaded both versions using FireFox with no trouble. The error occurs when trying to upload either file using Internet Explorer (IE) even though both are valid html. So the trouble is happening when uploading a chapter in IE.

Is anyone else besides Capn and I having trouble uploading html chapters to Portkey using IE?

Nielle, sleepy.

Firefox may be downloaded here. ~gal-texter

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Oct 23 2004, 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
Excalibur
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 8 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #5

Got Jest?
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,074
Hi! Call me Curt. :)

I attempted to upload an html file to overwrite chapter 16 of The Ties That Bind. One of my betas found quite a few errors in it and I decided it best to fix them online wink.gif

Anyway, I went in to upload the new chapter and it tells me that I've attempted to upload a text file instead of an html file. WTF? smile.gif

The fine ends in .html, it has the <html></html><head></head> and <body></body> tags in it. (not to mention paragraph formatting, etc. etc. so on and so forth).

I was able to upload earlier today (around 3 pm EST) but couldn't at aroun 9 pm EST...

I'd have to say this is a bug... But I don't know how you're checking to see what kind of file it is...

Hope this gets fixed soon (The error still came up at 12:30 am EST)
+Quote Post
Anazecria
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 8 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #6

Official HMS Pumpkin Pie Librarian (Keeper of Quotes)
Group Icon

From: Gutter City Town Mayor's Office aka Sydney, Australia
Member No.: 1,445
Hi! Call me Nielle. :)

Out of curiousity Curt, are you trying to upload through IE? Because another Member is having a similar problem, and it is only occuring with IE.

Nielle, online just long enough to write this post. smile.gif

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Oct 23 2004, 09:15 AM
+Quote Post
Excalibur
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 8 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #7

Got Jest?
Group Icon

QUOTE (Anazecria @ Oct 9 2004, 02:22 AM)
Out of curiousity Curt, are you trying to upload through IE? Because another Member is having a similar problem, and it is only occuring with IE.

Nielle, online just long enough to write this post. smile.gif

Yes indeed. smile.gif It is an IE issue and I was able to get it updated via Firefox... I wonder what gives? Go ahead and merge this with the other posting wink.gif Heh...

Suggestion to NAPPA/James: Change how you're checking for HTML files that are being uploaded, whatever changed recently caused the bug... All you need to do is check for the <html>, <body> and their closing tags... *ponder* I can't figure out why it works with FF but not IE... it worked with IE before wink.gif (but then again, I didn't code PK so I don't know the inner workings wink.gif
+Quote Post
Szaranea
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 9 2004, 02:53 AM
Post #8

one of the two riders of the modly apocalypse
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,471
Hi! Call me Ri or Anna. :)

Just dropping by to say that I merged the two topics smile.gif

Oh, and the ultimate solution to this problem is to burn IE *cough*IEsucks*cough*

I'll start the pyre!

Ri
+Quote Post
Excalibur
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 9 2004, 03:25 AM
Post #9

Got Jest?
Group Icon

QUOTE (Szaranea @ Oct 9 2004, 06:53 AM)
Just dropping by to say that I merged the two topics smile.gif

Oh, and the ultimate solution to this problem is to burn IE *cough*IEsucks*cough*

I'll start the pyre!

Ri

It's not a matter of IE sucking... it's a matter of how the file is processed on Portkey because IE worked perfectly fine before this wink.gif Something changed and it needs to be fixed is all wink.gif

Yes, well, but just because it's not IE's fault this time does not change the fact that IE *****s tongue.gif ~Ri

This post has been edited by Szaranea: Oct 9 2004, 04:15 AM
+Quote Post
Excalibur
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 9 2004, 06:11 PM
Post #10

Got Jest?
Group Icon

QUOTE (Excalibur @ Oct 9 2004, 07:25 AM)
Yes, well, but just because it's not IE's fault this time does not change the fact that IE *****s tongue.gif ~Ri

True enough Ri, but keep in mind that IE is all most of the net knows wink.gif I prefer Firefox, but IE is still the dominant browser (betamax vs VHS all over again). Anyhoo, enough browser bashing, just wondering if there was a fix in the works... Since I have nothing to upload, I couldn't test this myself wink.gif Heh

Well, off to work on homework!

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Oct 10 2004, 03:59 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff