>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ERROR: 'Tyding chapter text ... FAILED.'
Kryptonite
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Mar 5 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #1

From Krypton to Hogwarts via Portkey

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,281
Hi! Call me Andy. :)

ERROR MESSAGE:
Uploading to a temporary location... SUCCESSFUL
Tidying Chapter Text... FAILED

SHORT ANSWER: Try uploading in HTML format. Read this thread: How to convert documents to HTML.
~gal-texter May2008

Well for now I managed to upload in the .htm format, but .doc still doesn't work. I was attempting to upload a new chapter to my story today but I received this error.

Uploading to a temporary location... SUCCESSFUL
Tidying Chapter Text... FAILED

The files was in .doc format, but all of my newest chapters have been uploaded in that format and have worked fine. Sometimes I recieve an error when my chapter is left open, but it was definitely closed this time.

here is a link to the story if it helps.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: May 31 2008, 09:44 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Mar 5 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #2

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

DOC file uploads are disabled for now. They will be until further notice. Me and james is busy making sure all the artists, and write'rs small websites we host are still in working order, and unfortunately it's on the higher priority listing than the DOC uploads sad.gif
+Quote Post
Kryptonite
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 5 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #3

From Krypton to Hogwarts via Portkey

Member No.: 3,281
Hi! Call me Andy. :)

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.
+Quote Post
GemmaH121
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 8 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #4

Gemstone
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 3,799
Hi! Call me Gemma. :)

I just went to try and upload my story but it keeps saying tidy text failled and it won't make the changes. Anyway was wondering if you guys know why and how to fix it.

Gems
+Quote Post
GemmaH121
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 9 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #5

Gemstone
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,799
Hi! Call me Gemma. :)

Oh sorry I just noticed this post and I'd already posted the same thing. Well thanks for clearing it up and sorry for reposting the same topic.

Gems
+Quote Post
moogle
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 7 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #6

Hopeless Romantic
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,050
Hi! Call me Kim. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

I don't seem to be able to upload any chapters to my stories.

Everytime I try upload it comes up with this thing saying fread function needs to be more than 0 words and that the tidying text has failed.

This has been going on for quite some time now and is very frustrating. if anyone knows why this is happening, it would be very much appreciated, as I can see that other people have been able to upload there's yet I cannot upload mine.
+Quote Post
spacegal 16
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 7 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #7

spacegal 16

Member No.: 4,682
Hi! Call me Dani. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

QUOTE(moogle @ Feb 7 2007, 09:37 PM) *

Everytime I try upload it comes up with this thing saying fread function needs to be more than 0 words and that the tidying text has failed.

This has been going on for quite some time now and is very frustrating. if anyone knows why this is happening, it would be very much appreciated, as I can see that other people have been able to upload there's yet I cannot upload mine.

Are you HTML? Saving your word page into a web page because it won't accept a word page any more. If you are using HTML but it's still not working, you'll need to contact a mod and let them know that there's something blocking you from updating.

Just try different programmes till you find one that works really.
+Quote Post
RaineMalfoy
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 7 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #8

ickle firstie

Member No.: 18,824
Hi! Call me Raine. :)

QUOTE(moogle @ Feb 7 2007, 01:37 PM) *

that has been happening to me too when i tried to upload a chapter saved in Word Document: *doc.
i tried uploading a chapter in Web Page *htm *html format and it worked.
i'm not sure WHY there is that problem since i never had trouble before uploading *doc. before, but all i can say is try saving your chapters in *html web page format and uploading them

I myself am wondering why i can't view the Art Gallery.

QUOTE(RaineMalfoy @ Feb 7 2007, 07:02 PM) *

I myself am wondering why i can't view the Art Gallery.

http://www.elfpack.com/stuff/PortKey.jpg
that is the message i get when i click on the link to view the gallery...

Mod Note: Edited to replace image with url. Thanks for the screenshot, but we don't allow direct posting of images. Please use URLs instead, as it reduces page loading and avoids distortions. ~Jonathan

This post has been edited by Another: Feb 8 2007, 09:32 PM
+Quote Post
Levio
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 8 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Delusional? Why yes, I am

Member No.: 18,272
Hi! Call me Le. :)

How do you contact the mods?
+Quote Post
moogle
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 8 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #10

Hopeless Romantic
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,050
Hi! Call me Kim. :)

I also saw that message, RaineMalfoy, when I was trying to upload a chapter, eventually it just went away and I was able to upload again.

I'll try using HTML, but I find it odd that it is deciding to not let us use word documents anymore.

I haven't got a clue how to contact mods, levio.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff