>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ERROR: 'You uploaded application/octet-stream.', OR 'You uploaded application/msword.'
Tropicana
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Mar 8 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #1

craving pumpkin

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,850
Hi! Call me Kristin. :)

ERROR: We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded application/octet-stream.

I uploaded it to asphost in htm format, and it's telling me

We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded application/octet-stream.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Mar 9 2004, 02:43 AM
Post #2

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

Tropicana : You need to make sure that after you've saved the file, you need to close Word. Otherwise, the program is still on, and windows tries to send the Word Document + the Program to the web - and website can only use the file. And so it gives an error.

NAPPA
+Quote Post
Tropicana
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Mar 9 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #3

craving pumpkin

Member No.: 3,850
Hi! Call me Kristin. :)

Still doesn't work. SORRY I'm so stupid.

edit: never mind, I got it.

This post has been edited by Tropicana: Mar 10 2004, 06:56 PM
+Quote Post
Bexis
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 23 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #4

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 19,075
Hi! Call me James. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

MODLY NOTE: merging this with a related topic. -gal-texter Jun 2008

I tried to upload a new story, a one-shot, the same way I have always uploaded chapters of the Fifth Element. Three times I get the same

error message:

We can only accept files in HTML or DOC formats. You uploaded application/msword.

The story IS in doc format. Like all my other submissions, the file ends with the standard "doc" suffix.

What's going on. I'm worried not only about this particular one shot story, but whether I'm going to be able to upload further chapters of the Fifth Element
+Quote Post
Another
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 23 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #5

As long as it's shiny
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 5,667
Hi! Call me Jonathan. :)

Hello, Iambexis, I hope you've found this reply to your question in its new home, as I've moved it from where it was originally posted to the "Questions" forum.

As you may or may not have noticed, there have been recent changes here and there in the fanfiction section code, which I can only assume has led to the troublesome little bugs popping up.

Are you able to upload new chapters for your other fic, "The Fifth Element"?

In any case, it is rather concerning that you have previously succeeded in uploading and only recently begun to experience problems. Please provide version information for the following bits of software:
  • Operating system
  • Browser
  • Microsoft Word
Also, it may prove insightful if you would email me a copy of the document you are trying to upload as an attachment. My email address is reflected below:

Click for image!

~Jonathan

CO-MOD's NOTE May 2008: Dug this up from the old Administration forum. I suppose Bexis had solved this problem himself. I'm guessing it's related to the "ERROR: You uploaded application/octet-stream" issue, which can be solved by closing the MS Word program should be closed as explained by NAPPA here.
~gal-texter/Pen
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff