>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how to find fics w/o knowing titles or authors?
dreaminghalo
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 1 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #1

ickle firstie

Group: Member
Member No.: 15,374

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

umm... I'm completely new here (i guess that's kinda obvious), so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this... I'm wondering though, if there was anyway to find a specific kind of story, like Time travel, or super powers, independence, etc. because when I search through the fics, it's really hard for me to find these kinds of stories, so i was wondering if there was any easier way for me to find these stories? thanks!

Oh, I was also wondering, how can i let people know that I'm willing to beta their stories? ... what should i do?

w00t.gif arrow_bold_rgt.gif cloud.gif that is such an AWESOME smiley!!!! thumbup.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LadyAkako
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 2 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #2

2.5K Posts Club

Member No.: 2,182
Hi! Call me Julie. :)

MOD NOTE: Please refer to the updated answer a few posts down. Thanks nonetheless to Julie for her assistance!

Hey there! biggrin.gif

Looking for fics, we don't have classifications like that but if you look through the Rec Engine you can find some really great fics of all types and if you still can't find what you're looking for, try posting a search in the Fic Hunting forum.

And for letting people know you want to beta their stories, you can over to the Beta Reader Searches forum.

Hope that helps! smile.gif

heart.gif Julie
+Quote Post
dreaminghalo
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 3 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #3

ickle firstie

Member No.: 15,374

It does! thanks!
+Quote Post
You
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 25 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #4

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 17,606

Does anyone know where to go to find help for where to find stories? Like, because i don't know the titles to type them into the search thing in the fanfiction. Thank you!

Moved this from the H/Hr Challenges section. ~Angel-Wing
+Quote Post
What contented men desire
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 25 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #5

Existence is Futile!

Member No.: 22,121
Hi! Call me Jason. :)

You mean replies to challenges? If that's what you want, the easiest way is to look up the author's page and see if you can find anything matching the plot outline in the challenge. Failing that, you could send the author a PM asking for the link.

The other possibility, which works for all fics really, is at this link: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showforum=23

Hope that helps!
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post May 11 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

If you're looking for a specific story that you've read previously, please read the search techniques near the top of our Lost & Found - specific HP fanfics section.

Otherwise, please go to our Broad Searches sections which are shown as subforums in here.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff