>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Italics issues in uploaded chapters
Elivania
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Nov 7 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #1

ickle firstie

Group: Member
Member No.: 6,990
Hi! Call me Christine. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

Every time I post a new chapter, the entire thing ends up in italics. How do I prevent that?

*Elivania*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Anazecria
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Nov 8 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Official HMS Pumpkin Pie Librarian (Keeper of Quotes)
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
From: Gutter City Town Mayor's Office aka Sydney, Australia
Member No.: 1,445
Hi! Call me Nielle. :)

Mod Note: Moved this from the PtQ Forum. smile.gif

In answer to your question, the first thing to check is if the italics tag has been closed. Somewhere in the chapter you have a "<i>" tag but are missing a "</i>" tag.

Nielle, hope this helps. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Elivania
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 9 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #3

ickle firstie

Member No.: 6,990
Hi! Call me Christine. :)

so it is the < sign and not [] instead? I'll try that.

Thank you

It doesn't work. I tried. Half the chapter is still in italics.

This post has been edited by Elivania: Nov 9 2004, 04:25 PM
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 9 2004, 07:43 PM
Post #4

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

Are you uploading Word Files to the site ? Or HTML made in word ? Because there is a few problems in the way Microsoft Products Make HTML files. You should choose to save the file as " Filtered " ( option under File > Save As > ... ).

That option is where you go to File > Save As > ...
And under the name of the file that shows up. You need to change the document type to HTML and it works better.

+Quote Post
mangolee_schnooglesquee
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Dec 29 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #5

is Ron's underwear xDD

Member No.: 19,818

Hallo. I think there was a previous thread that had the same topic, but then it seemed to have closed so I thought I had to start a new one.

The problem I'm experiencing is this: I save the current chapter (as usual) as an HTML file (through MS WORD), and when I view it, everything seems fine. Yet, when I upload it here on PK, all the italics are interchanged. Some that aren't supposed to be italicized are, and those that are supposed to be aren't. I've re-saved and re-uploaded a dozen times but the servers seem to keep changing the formatted text.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
+Quote Post
Accio Harry!
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 16 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #6

2K Posts Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,327
Hi! Call me Malinda. :)

QUOTE(mangolee_schnooglesquee @ Dec 29 2007, 03:39 AM) *
when I upload it here on PK, all the italics are interchanged.

I'd PM and/or e-mail Adam, he's in charge of fanfiction smile.gif
+Quote Post
moogle
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 14 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #7

Hopeless Romantic
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,050
Hi! Call me Kim. :)

Oh gosh, I'm not the only one suffering from this then. Did you get any reply on this? It is the most frustrating thing imaginable, and unlike FFnet you can't just fix it up when you realise it's gone all funky during the upload process.
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 15 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Well, I'm not a techie, but I can put up a "help wanted" announcement about this in all the forums. Okidokie? biggrin.gif

- Pen, maximizing mod/admin tools sorcerer.gif

+Quote Post
moogle
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 15 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #9

Hopeless Romantic
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,050
Hi! Call me Kim. :)

Aw, thank you so much! That would be a huge help, as it's been going on for about a year now. (I always forgot to say something blush.gif )
+Quote Post
Adam
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 15 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Head of Fanfiction/Forum Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 806
Hi! Call me Adam. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Head of Fanfiction I am, techie I am not, sadly, and as such right now I have no clue how I can help.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need to speak to James about this, as it sounds like a coding bug to me.

I am aware of the problem though, and will see what I can do smile.gif

A.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff