>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> 

Click here to see the graphic that had been displayed on top of Portkey's pages during this contest.

MOD TEAM NOTE NOV 2008: Sadly, some of the stories nominated here have since been pulled out by their authors. Try looking for them in the Fic Rec-Engine then click on their record's Link to Discussion Forum. If they're not included in the Rec-Engine, then look for them in the Lost & Found - specific HP fanfics section.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And The Winners Are... (Round 1 - PK Readers' Choice), Drum roll, please!
Joyce Cohen
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 4 2003, 06:59 PM
Post #1

First Lady Mugwump, SFHHS
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 162

Well, the final votes are now tallied and it's time to announce the winners of the first ever Portkey Readers' Choice Awards!

Before I do so, however, I'd like to thank a few of the people who've been instrumental in making this into a great success.

First, I'd like to give my thanks to all our nominees. They are all excellent writers, and I'm sure we readers are grateful to them for gracing Portkey.org with their presence.

Next, I'd like to express my gratitude to the two people who have been the greatest help to me in pulling this off. Nappa, thank you for running this wonderful site and giving me free rein to implement this crazy idea of mine. And Darkstar, thanks for inspiring this idea in the first place and taking over for me when I couldn't be online to see it through. You two are the best colleagues, co-conspirators, and friends a girl could have.

And finally, I'd like to thank everyone who showed up to nominate and vote. Without you guys, none of this would even be here today.

Without further ado, the winners of the Summer 2003 Portkey Readers' Choice Awards are...

For Best Short Fic in the Fluff Category
All Because You Kissed Me Goodnight by Bingblot

For Best Short Fic in the Angst Category
Writers' Block by Romulus Lupin

For Best Short Fic in the Smut Category
TGIF by Babygrrl

For Best New Author
Bingblot

...and, last but not least...

For Best Novel-Length Fic
Secrets, Lies, and The Daily Prophet by L. C. McCabe

--- EDITED TO ADD list of nominees, so that people would see their names when they click on "award graphics" on their forum messages. - Pen / gal-texter, Oct 2009 ----

For Best Short Fic in the Fluff Category

WINNER: All Because You Kissed Me Goodnight by Bingblot

RUNNERS-UP (listed in no particular order):
-- A Winter's Tale, by Sugarjet Erin
-- Remembrance, by Sugarjet Erin
-- Blind, by VirtualFaerie/MalfoyMyFerret

For Best Short Fic in the Angst Category

WINNER: Writers' Block by Romulus Lupin

-- Alone, by Jorael
-- When I'm Here, by Sarea Okelani
-- Remembrance, by Bingblot
-- Therapy Buddies, by Jade Okelani

For Best Short Fic in the Smut Category

WINNER: TGIF by Babygrrl

Beltane, by Aurora North
ICE, by Msscribe
Wake Up Call, by Blazefury
Under the Silver Moon, by Msscribe
Atypical Lesson, by Sarea Okelani

For Best New Author

WINNER: Bingblot

-- Angylinni
-- Aurora North
-- Bingblot
-- Classic Cowboy

For Best Novel-Length Fic

WINNER: Secrets, Lies, and The Daily Prophet by L. C. McCabe

-- Epiphanies, by Romulus Lupin
-- Harry Potter and The Pink Elephant, by Akscully
-- The Art of Seduction, by Ryoko Blue & Heaven
-- Celebrate, by Ringomc
-- Our Winter, by Jade Okelani

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
darkstar
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 5 2003, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Mugwump of Publicity, SFHHS
Group Icon

Member No.: 263
Hi! Call me Pat or Patrick. :)

Thanks Joyce. And a great job to everyone.

I think it should be noted, that the Novel Length Award was very hotly contested, requiring a final tie-breaker round, which itself was very close..

So, let's all give a round of applause to the runners-up, Ryoko Blue and Heaven, with The Art of Seduction. Great job. This is one of those where you hate to have to give someone second place.

Darkstar

This post has been edited by darkstar: Aug 5 2003, 12:19 PM
+Quote Post
jackryan411
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 5 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #3

The Official HMS Pumpkin Pie Marauder and Emma Watson Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,537
Hi! Call me Jack. :)

Aww...too bad. The Art of Seduction was definitely the best ff I've ever read! But anyway...congrats to everyone who were nominees and everyone who won as well!
+Quote Post
SamanthaMarie
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 6 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #4

PKWizard/Witch
Group Icon

Member No.: 346

w00t!

I had faith in Linda. That story is just too damn good not to win.

*smiles*

-Sammie
+Quote Post
Chico
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 10 2003, 03:40 PM
Post #5

X

Group: Member
Member No.: 521
Hi! Call me Jen. :)

Congratulations to everyone who won. There are a lot of talented writers out there. The Art Of Seduction was one of the greatest fics I have ever read. Is there going to be another voting next year?
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Aug 14 2003, 09:13 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Congratulations on a job well done, Joyce and darkstar!
+Quote Post
nlfrederick
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Sep 1 2003, 07:34 PM
Post #7

PQ Queen of Ron, SFHHS Wump of Ronniekin Affairs, JFG #2
Group Icon

Member No.: 55
Hi! Call me Nicole. :)

For me, it was so hard to choose for Novel-Length, because all of the fics that were nominated, along with their authors, are award winners.

In the end, I was torn between five in particular, the ones that were main ship H/Hr. Not that Our Winter isn't an excellent fic, because when I read it, I enjoyed it very much, but my #1 ship, or OTP, is always H/Hr.
  • Art of Seduction
  • Secrets, Lies and the Daily Prophet
  • Epiphanies
  • Harry Potter and the Pink Elephant
  • Celebrate
Then I decided to cut it down to just three, which were the first three on the list, and then I actually cut S,L,DP before the other two.. And in the end, Art of Seduction got my vote. (Honestly, if you know my real name, you know I've got a sense of loyalty where Ryoko, Heaven, and Gil are concerned!)

The others, not all of the people I voted for won, but the voting was a tough choice in all but two.. biggrin.gif

Nicole

This post has been edited by pottergranger4ever: Sep 1 2003, 07:37 PM
+Quote Post
Muirnin
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Sep 2 2003, 10:36 AM
Post #8

Queen Mum - Royal Family of Cliffies! @}>---'---,---

Member No.: 1,362

thumbup.gif user posted image
+Quote Post
slumber
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Sep 19 2003, 10:00 PM
Post #9

R/Hr Ambassador

Member No.: 2,888

How timely--I've been scouting around for some H/Hr to read, and I think I'll start with these. biggrin.gif (Before you cry blasphemy for not having read these way before--I've been stuck in H/D all my fandom life; I've just been expanding. tongue.gif )

Congratulations to the winners!

Hmm... I think I'll read Art of Seduction as well.

Cheers,
Slumber
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff