>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re "no rape themes will be accepted", ie, no graphic rape scenes
superbeffie
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jul 5 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #1

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,233
Hi! Call me Beth Boswell. :)

RELATED TOPIC: Clarifications about the "no rape themes would be accepted" rule.

Sample story (for author application) mentions rape that had happened in the past.

Ok, I have a fic that has a mention of a rape that happened in the past. I have editied it to make it ok for Portkey but there is still a mention of it in the story. The rules said I need to inform a mod to get it ok'd before I submit my author application, but I don't knwo exactly how to do that. Do I just submit the story, or do I need to let someone know first that I am doing this? I don't want to get rejected b/c I screwed this up. Thanks!

Someone, please help me out with this. I can't submit my author app if no one helps me out here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hermione's Twin
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jul 26 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Happily delusional writer
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 2,472
Hi! Call me Jennifer. :)

Hmm...what I would do is submit your author's application with a note to the ficmod, telling them about the mentioned rape and that if they deem it inappropriate, you will be willing to remove it. That way, if it comes down to the rape, you'll have a better chance at getting accepted.

Hope that helps. smile.gif

Jennifer
+Quote Post
superbeffie
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 29 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #3

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,233
Hi! Call me Beth Boswell. :)

Thanks that helps a lot!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff