>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> What if your story gets rejected? Can you re-submit it?, Yes, but FIX IT before re-submitting
Ashira
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jun 2 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #1

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 4,380
Hi! Call me Adrian. :)

I was wondering.. If I had ever signed up to be an author and it got denied would I be able to send another in or would that be my last one? I haven't even submitted my 1st author application yet but I wanted to know.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jun 2 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Authors may reapply.

When Fic Mods reject an application, they usually state their grounds for doing so. Like issues with the plot, spelling, or shipping, etc. So we urge those applicants to work on those issues before reapplying.

If someone reapplies within weeks of his/her denied attempt, then we Mods compare notes on the rejection issues. As much as possible, we let the same Mod handle multiple applications from the same person.

This post has been edited by gal-texter: Jun 2 2004, 08:05 PM
+Quote Post
Ashira
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jun 2 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #3

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 4,380
Hi! Call me Adrian. :)

Oh, ok! Thanks a lot!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
trust*no*one
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Apr 30 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #4

ickle firstie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,584
Hi! Call me Rach. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

Hey there,
I'm new to this and I am currently waiting to see if I get accepted or reject as an author on this site. My question is though, if you get rejected can you resubmit straight away if you have re-polished your story? I'm only asking because I submitted my story to be approved 3 weeks ago and I'm getting a little worried.
Have a great day.
trust*no*one smile.gif or everyone??
+Quote Post
Hermione's Twin
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 26 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #5

Happily delusional writer
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 2,472
Hi! Call me Jennifer. :)

Well, first off, I wouldn't get too worried that you haven't heard anything about your fic app. It takes quite awhile for ficmods to read through all of the applications. We mods have RLs that we must take care of first and foremost before we can sit down and read through applications.

However, if you do receive an e-mail telling you that your application has been rejected, read through what the ficmod has to say about your fic and then, after you fix it, you can then resubmit it. smile.gif

Jennifer
+Quote Post
Greymalkin
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 23 2008, 05:41 AM
Post #6

JK, I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Member No.: 22,228
Hi! Call me Lori. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this into a similar thread.
~gal-texter / Pen May2008

Hi! Might be asking a stupid question here but anyway... I submitted a fic for author application but got rejected. Can I still submit the same fic (once I fix it) to reapply or do i have to submit something else?
+Quote Post
poppy
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 24 2008, 01:29 AM
Post #7

Willow. Portkey Fic Mod/Admin
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins a)
Member No.: 6,211
Hi! Call me Lisa. :)

QUOTE(Greymalkin @ Feb 23 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Can I still submit the same fic (once I fix it) to reapply or do i have to submit something else?

Yes you can apply with the same story, just make sure you fix it up before you re-apply smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sirius_Lee
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 6 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #8

ickle firstie

Member No.: 24,708

To find out why my story was rejected. after waiting nearly 3 weeks for an author app, all i get is a form email. I hope this doesnt come off too rude, but the reason given for rejection, is truly bunk.... if you're going to reject an app, and tell someone their story has fat too many errors (perhaps they should read some stuff already posted here) at least be respectful enough to give the author an example or two.
+Quote Post
cakeandmilk
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 6 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #9

PKWizard/Witch
Group Icon

Group: Staff (moderators)
Member No.: 23,810
Hi! Call me c&m. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Props to my beta(s): Elodie Tristie and Dimethylmercury!

Okay, calm down Sirius Lee.

First off, the mods have real life too so we expect you guys to be patient upon receiving replies on such a long period of time. I do believe that it was mentioned somewhere here in the forums that 1 week would equal to 1 day for PK time standards. Since, like I said, everyone here is busy with RL as well.

You're upset your story got rejected because of it having too many errors. And you mentioned "perhaps they should read some stuff already posted here". If I understood correctly, that means you are questioning the worthiness of some stories posted here. Why bring other stories into this?

Now, as one of the author in this site, I got hurt by that. Please don't use the stories in this site as a defense for your story. You said so yourself that "some stuff already posted here" have too many errors. Now, you were able to identify the errors in those stories, why can't you identify the errors in the story you submitted?

Which brings me to another point, I don't see why you're so upset about the way you were rejected since the Mod handling your app did give you a reason why the fic was rejected. About not giving the author an example or two of your mistakes; I think the mod handling your application believes that, as an author, you would see the errors you made (just like how you saw the errors of some other stories here, as I've mentioned earlier). It wasn't done out of disrespect, believe me.

I know you're really upset but, please, I don't see any reason at all to lash out.
+Quote Post
Sirius_Lee
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 7 2010, 04:59 AM
Post #10

ickle firstie

Member No.: 24,708

The chapter I was looking to submit, did not have any "grammatical' errors .....

and it's not that I'm lashing out .... but if I'm going to receive an email clearly stating that, and I quote ...

"your story contains too many grammar errors"

then, I am afraid, I must question the reasoning, and that persons grasp of the English language.

Having nowhere within this site for a potential author to post their story, I was forced to convert my .odt document to html, and post it to my isp providers 'homepage' for my account. In doing so, all formatting was lost. I was originally rejected for paragraph breaks, and actually complimented on this story by the mod that had read it. I was asked to insert paragraph breaks, and correct a few instances of capitalisation..... keep in mind, that this was posted as html on a flighty web page ... the original document contained only a few instances of names not being capitalised... but obviously, there is no where on PK to post your original doc.

three weeks later, same story, same grammatical structure, but now a new angle for rejection.

I spent a year completing a novel length story that I could post here, weekly, as this is where i've been reading fanfiction for years.

And as far as bringing other stories into the mix, yes .... there are plenty of other stories posted on PK that have spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors, which is normally no big deal, since most people have a slim grasp of the Kings English to begin with.

Lasing out, not quite. Venting frustration for poor reasoning, and even poorer methods of communication, absolutely.
If the story chapter i submitted actually had grammatical errors, I would be able to identify them easily. I was truly excited about posting a novel length piece of work that I have spent the last year writing, on the site where I had read my first fanfic (aaron stvines 'ollivanders makers of fine wands... check it out if you havent read it). Excuse me for being passionate, and if I may be so bold, somewhat belligerent about being rejected for what is plainly a poor, if not unfounded excuse. And yes, I used the word excuse, and not 'reason' deliberately.

Am i insulted that the person who rejected my story for grammatical errors can not form a grammatically correct sentence themselves ? Of course I am. And so would any of you.

There. I feel much better now.

This post has been edited by Sirius_Lee: Feb 7 2010, 05:38 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff