>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are slash or near-slash scenes allowed in PK fics?, slash = male/male or female/female pairings
Kristen Elizabeth
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jan 8 2003, 02:29 PM
Post #11

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 168

It's funny that you keep coming back to m/m slash...when it's not even part of the discussion. And yes, people who get physically sick, silly as that is, to the sight of two men or women in love is called "homophobic." If you can find another one-word term for it, by all means, tell us.

I hate it when people say that being a person who accepts all types of people regardless of who they choose to sleep with are being "PC." Wtf? When did being a human being come under that classification? Just because I have felt all my life that love is love is love, be it between man and woman, man and man or woman and woman, and that love in any form CANNOT be wrong, all of the sudden because of this, I'm trying to be PC and liberal? Whatever. I'll be "PC" then. It's better than being ignorant.

This has turned from a discussion about shipper rules to one that cuts a lot deeper. If you're so worried about being kicked off the board or whatever, does that maybe mean that you acknowledge that the things you are saying are inflammatory and, dare *I* say, wrong? No, probably not. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine and an author has the right to put in a scene of two undercover agents putting on an act with each other if she wants to without having to warn everyone in the world that she's going to do it just in case she turns the stomach of a handful of people who should just stick to reading fluff from now on.

Yeah, I've been pretty vocal on this topic today. It takes a lot, but the one thing that pushes my buttons above all else is bigotry in any form. I make no apologies for that;)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kristen Elizabeth
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Jan 8 2003, 02:34 PM
Post #12

PKWizard/Witch

Member No.: 168

To msscribe....cause I haven't figured out how to do that cool quote thing yet...you're welcome. I haven't reviewed your story before now, I apologize, but I have been thoroughly enjoying it. Keep up the fabulous work!
+Quote Post
davis_517
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 8 2003, 02:38 PM
Post #13

Hottest Chick In The Harem

Member No.: 301

QUOTE (Kristen Elizabeth @ Jan 8 2003, 10:29 PM)
An author has the right to put in a scene of two undercover agents putting on an act with each other if she wants to without having to warn everyone in the world that she's going to do it just in case she turns the stomach of a handful of people who should just stick to reading fluff from now on. 

Thanks Werrf for understanding where I'm coming from. A warning would suffice, but you aren't even for that Kristen! I'm sorry, I can't stand reading lesbo!Hermione even if it's for pretend. And I personally don't understand why that fic is getting so many reviews. Must be a lot of people are also sailing on the "liberal" ship in addition to H/Hr.

Not me. Harry is for Hermione. Period.
+Quote Post
NAPPA
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 8 2003, 02:44 PM
Post #14

* being generally evil *
Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1
Hi! Call me Imran. :)

Props to my beta(s): James!

MOD NOTE
NO INSULTING!

The Site Rule:
You're not allowed to do anything EXPLICIT with other pairings involved than the ones that we ship on the site. That is the rule. IE. Nothing EXPLICIT between Ron/Hermione or Harry/Fleur, if they are like that at that moment. This does not mean hugs, or kisses. It means about the sexual side of the relationship.

We don't see the author intentionally trying to break the rules - or for that even breaking the rules. What happened between Cho and Hermione is to be considered mild. Previous sexual partners could be likely in a post hogwarts enviornment.

The rule is there stop people from thinking this is a general NC17 site, and post NC17 level scenes between ANY characters. This is a shipping site so - only ones allowed are Harry/Hermione, Lily/James and Draco/Ginny. Idea here is to promote the NC17 writers of the ship.

We can't rule out even a suggestion of these kinds of pairings, as that would mean severely handicapping the authors. The site is NOT going to FORBID previous relationships for each character who are involved in a ship. It would be rather childish of us expect ONLY Harry/Hermione to be each other's first kiss, first hug and in somecases first time sexually. In some cases it's good, but in others, it would not leave much to write about.

It should be noted most authors do put up warnings about these, as these kinds of choices tend to effect the number of reviews they will get. When reading a NC17 be careful. We don't think the scenes were offensive, but you should take care to what you read as EVERYONE's opinion as to what is appropriate is not the same.

Werrf
You will not be kicked out.

IN THE FUTURE!
We're working on a system that would let people make a formal complaint against a fic. Till that is done, we would like the readers to either send an email or PM to ME or JAMES about this. We will investigate and decide on an action promtly. Please include the reasons why you think the story has broken the rules.
+Quote Post
Stripes
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 9 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #15

ickle firstie

Member No.: 12,625
Hi! Call me Rie. :)

MOD NOTE: merging this with a related thread.
~gal-texter / Pen Jun2008

I was thinking about joing here, and posting the fic I have up on Fanfiction.net here as well. However, I'm not sure if a particular part of that fic would be allowed are not.

See my fic is going to have mild Slash between Remus and Sirius. Nothing more than heated kissing probably. Since I'm not even sure how adult rated scenes between Lily and James will be..

So my question is, is Slash allowed here on Portkey?
+Quote Post
Holy Pancake
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 16 2005, 08:23 AM
Post #16

Brian Kinney is Love.

Member No.: 12,431

That's what I want to know too! Have you found out yet? Becuase, er, I'm writing an H/Hr and a side pairing is Seamus/Dean. And I have NO idea if it's allowed. I've read the rules over and over again, and it's not against the rules...I really want to know, and none of the forums are helping... So have you found out yet? It's driving me crazy!
+Quote Post
Facade
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Oct 16 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #17

the girl your mother warned you about
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 1,809
Hi! Call me Sandra. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

I think as long as there's no hugely graphic scenes between the slash pairing and if it doesn't disrupt our main pairings than it's fine. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
HarmonyForever08
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jul 13 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #18

Better known as Usagi Tsukino ^_^

Member No.: 23,790
Hi! Call me Heather. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

hmm...I agree with Werrf.

Is it really all that difficult to mention that there would be a girl on girl moment in the story?

I'm sure some people wouldn't like it if I didn't warn them that there would be a gory rape scene in my fic.

I'm not a homophobe, either, I'm just saying that maybe some people should take a bit more care to protecting the innocence of others.

Although I don't think I would totally flip if I read a story with girl on girl moments. I wouldn't read any further...I just don't think I'd freak out. Just find another fic.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff