>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to: consult fic mods about "iffy" chapters BEFORE upload
MisCard
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Feb 7 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Creator of Harmony Podcast
Group Icon

Group: Guarding the Muggle Minister
Member No.: 6,261
Hi! Call me Misti. :)

CO-MOD'S NOTE:
Read this updated protocol. Btw, PK's proud to have Misti/MisCard joined our mod team within months of posting this query. She already had PK author privileges when she made the following request.
- gal-texter, Jan 2009 smile.gif

I need a fic mod to approve my iffy chapters before I post them

I have chapter 2 completed for my story "The Razors Edge", but I feel I need it approved before I post it. The story is a murder/mystery and this chapter is a little...graphic. Could whoever approves the 'iffy' chapters please get back to me and I will e-mail or pm the chapter to you?? I would appreciate the help! Thanks!!

~MisCard~
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Szaranea
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Feb 7 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #2

one of the two riders of the modly apocalypse
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,471
Hi! Call me Ri or Anna. :)

Hi there smile.gif

There's nobody to handle particular kinds of stories on the ficmod team, but how about you simply send the chapter to [email protected] and somebody will have a look at it?

I'll link to this post in the ficmods area so that the others will really notice it okay?

Ri smile.gif
+Quote Post
MisCard
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Feb 7 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Creator of Harmony Podcast
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,261
Hi! Call me Misti. :)

Thank you for the help Szaranea! I just e-mailed it to the address you listed; I don't know if it will be approved but I don't want to post it without being sure. Thanks again!
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 16 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Protocol for:

How can authors consult the Fic Mod team about iffy chapters?

This applies to writers who've already gotten their Portkey author license. Sometimes they're not sure if their chapter meets PK's rules. If you find yourself in this situation, here's what you can do:
  • Email your chapter to [email protected]
    --Be sure to put this on the subject line: current author [your pen name] with iffy chapter
    --Copy and paste your chapter inside the message body. Don't send it as an attachment as we might not have the proper software to read it with.

AND

• Post on this thread. Simply say something along these lines:
    Hi, I've emailed a chapter to [email protected] My author name's ___.

• IF you haven't gotten a response after 2 weeks, then assume that the fic team's busy with RL or other mod-ing tasks. You could then hit the Report button on your post here to alert other PK mods about your concern. Say something like Follow up to the fic mods, please. The mods who'd see your report can either handle the issue themselves or follow it up with their teammates.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff