>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> IMPORTANT:

Fanfic FAQs. Portkey.org forum's still temp offline. We've displayed these FAQs to assist some with their questions.

14 Pages V « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yo, PK authors! How'd you feel when..., you got accepted in PK? etc.
How long did you wait to upload your very first story in Portkey's fanfic side?
How long did you wait to upload your very first story in Portkey's fanfic side?
less than an hour after I learned I was accepted [ 45 ] ** [30.41%]
on the same day [ 47 ] ** [31.76%]
the next day [ 14 ] ** [9.46%]
more than a day? Slowpoke! :P [ 42 ] ** [28.38%]
Total Votes: 148
Guests cannot vote 
taintedwhite
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Sep 10 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #131

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,226

1. How'd you react when you learned you've been accepted as a Portkey author?

I felt relieved. I thought, finally, my writing skills have improved enough to be accepted.

2. How'd you learn you were accepted in Portkey or other sites? Which of these indicators did you notice first?

Email, although a mod asked me an outline of things to come first.

3. How many hours did you wait before uploading your very first story in Portkey's fanfic side?

A day or so after I've got my acceptance email.

4. What lured you to Portkey? Why did you want to be a Portkey author?

I was lurking for H/Hr fics in FF.net, I stumbled on an author there who's also an author here and voila.

As for why I wanted to become a Pk author? Why not? I mean Canon already had their Happily ever after, its time to have ours *evil laugh* twisted.gif

That and I had a plot bunny that's been dying to come out, and I think PK is the perfect place to host it.

-tw

This post has been edited by taintedwhite: Sep 10 2009, 12:03 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Sep 24 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #132

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Wow, taintedwhite and cakeandmilk, it's great to see so many talented compatriots. Talented in writing fics and in art. I'm one of the few Pinoy PK-ers without any creative bone in their bodies, but I don't mind. biggrin.gif Congrats on getting your PK author badge.

+Quote Post
cakeandmilk
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Sep 28 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #133

PKWizard/Witch
Group Icon

Group: Staff (moderators)
Member No.: 23,810
Hi! Call me c&m. :)

Props to my beta(s): Elodie Tristie and Dimethylmercury!

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there gal-texter. You are incredibly talented. I'm not sucking up here. LOL.

Seriously, you (and all Mods and Admins of course) always keeps PK in check. Now, that's a talent worthy of a worshippy.gif smiley.

So, there ---> worshippy.gif

Anyway, thank you gal-texter.

This post has been edited by cakeandmilk: Sep 28 2009, 01:14 AM
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Sep 28 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #134

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

Hehehe, I meant creative talent like writing or art. biggrin.gif I do have a talent for bossing people around. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Nousia @ Mar 19 2004, 10:40 PM) *

Pen - you seriously cannot write well? (when it comes to creative writing)

*grins* It's the Reappearance of the Oh So Adorable Avatar.
Nope, my talents (if any) lie elsewhere. As for the Avatar ... *grins* biggrin.gif ~Pen

offtopic.gif

QUOTE(cakeandmilk @ Sep 28 2009, 05:12 PM) *

So, there ---> worshippy.gif

Anyway, thank you gal-texter.

Thanks, your check's in the mail. Or should I use G-Cash or Smart Money?** Hehehe! J/K!

**for non-Pinoys, those are funds transfer systems through mobile phones
+Quote Post
ayumi-nb
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 8 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #135

London bridge is going down, alright

Member No.: 24,298
Hi! Call me Ayumi. :)

First of all, thanks to the mod for accepting me.

Now...

1. How'd you react when you learned you've been accepted as a Portkey author?

Honestly? I was half asleep when I checked my email this morning, so it took me a while to understand what I was seeing. Then, when my brain finally digested what I saw, I was like "YES!" and my family looked at me as if I had grown another head or something. But, since I was to happy to notice, I just kept with my song of victory.

2. How'd you learn you were accepted in Portkey or other sites? Which of these indicators did you notice first?
Have updated the URL. ~gal-texter, 29May2008

As I said above, I got an email.

3. How many hours did you wait before uploading your very first story in Portkey's fanfic side?

Well, it's been over an hour since I got the email, so I haven't posted anything yet. I think I will by the end of the day.

I was looking for H/Hr fic at LJ (I tend to avoid many sections in ff.net these days), and came across this story that was posted here, and... well, I fell in love with the site.

I just wanted to be part of this amazing site.

I think that's all...
+Quote Post
addisonj
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Jan 28 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #136

ickle firstie

Member No.: 24,461

1. How'd you react when you learned you've been accepted as a Portkey author? Thrilled! Shouted "whoo hoo!" or something similar.

Have updated the URL. ~gal-texter, 29May2008 I got an email.

3. How many hours did you wait before uploading your very first story in Portkey's fanfic side? as soon as possible. I got the email on my iphone, so as soon as I got home to my PC I uploaded. An hour or less?

I came to Portkey to read Harmony fanfics and at the time I even said in my newbie post that I would not be writing. Never say never...but a plot bunny fell into my lap and I wrote, then learned that my betas in my other fandom read HP as well, so that helped.
I love the quality of writing in Portkey and was thrilled to be accepted as an author. Now, as an author, I'm impressed by the quality of reviews and the encouraging feedback I've received from reviewers.
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff