>
IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff

Welcome Guest ( Log In |

> GOOD TO KNOW!

USEFUL TIP: When in need of information about the Harry Potter characters or items, google for site:hp-lexicon.org followed by pretty unique keywords. Example. The trick is to think of words or phrases that would appear on the same webpage.

RELATED TOPICS: Physical appearances of Harry, Hermione, supporting characters; colors of their eyes;Draco or Ginny lookalikes; worst fanfic cliches of Hermione

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HP Lexicon site - what happened to it?, HP Lexicon
Bexis
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."
You might need to scroll up a few lines to read this complete advisory.

-- gal-texter on behalf of Portkey.org staff

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 30 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #1

PKWizard/Witch

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,075
Hi! Call me James. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!

I've always considered the Harry Potter Lexicon the single most essential site on the web for serious HP fanfic writers. I haven't been able to use it the last two days, and everything is being redirected.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this a litigation-related shutdown?

- Bexis

Unfortunately, I have no idea. To all PK-ers, please click here to discuss JRK's lawsuit against the Harry Potter Lexicon site-owner.

- gal-texter Sep 2008
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lady Whitehart
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:
Portkey.org forum's temp offline. Please read these FAQs about Portkey's technical issues and discussions about the Deathly Hallows movie.
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message."

[/end of NOV 25, 2010 notice about Portkey.org's tech issues and offline sections]
post Aug 31 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #2

non-shipper

Group: Member
From: The seventh level of Hell aka New Jersey. We do have a devil.
Member No.: 14,428

QUOTE(Iambexis @ Aug 30 2008, 03:05 PM) *

I've always considered the Harry Potter Lexicon the single most essential site on the web for serious HP fanfic writers. I haven't been able to use it the last two days, and everything is being redirected.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this a litigation-related shutdown?

- Bexis

Haven't a clue what happened, but that very well could be the case. If you get desperate, you can find a cached copy here.

I'm guilty of copying and pasting to files the sections I refer to most frequently. **Please note that these are for my own fic writing use and will not be sold for profit. innocent.gif **

offtopic.gif

While I have you, may I request a shipment of cheesesteaks and soft pretzels? It's d@mn near impossible to find a decent cheesesteak in this section of Jersey. And soft pretzels? Forget it. *whimpers*
+Quote Post
gal-texter
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 6 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Staff (admins c)
Member No.: 1,281
Hi! Call me Pen. :)

SMUT! Click if you're an adult PK oldbie!
Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

Apparently it's now at hplex dot org. wink.gif I heard that news from other people in the fandom.

EDIT: I got it from this post, to be exact.

EDIT AGAIN: The old url's working again too. --> http://hp-lexicon.org
+Quote Post
Fire
NOV 25, 2010 ADVISORY:

post Nov 6 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Slightly Delusional
Group Icon

Group: Staff (moderators)
Member No.: 22,160
Hi! Call me Hana. :)

Read our feature on author HARRYS MISTRESS!

It is.

Main Page

Glad to see it back, useful site.

xoxo
Hana
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

IMPORTANT ADVISORY as of Nov 25, 2010:

You have reached Portkey.org's forum. Due to server issues, we've had to put it offline temporarily. As such, only a few FAQs would be visible to visitors.
We will post updates here and / or in Portkey's LiveJournal community (click here) for the time being.
PK members may also post their (politely-worded) thoughts about the DH Movie in that LJ comm. (click here).
If you log in in this Portkey.org forum (talk.portkey.org), you'd see a "You do not have permission to view this board" message.
-- gal-texter (aka penshoppe in LiveJournal) on behalf of Portkey.org staff